HVAC Specialists

HVAC Services in Vancouver

Do not hesitate to contact our skilled HVAC experts in Vancouver if your company needs heating or cooling services. From heat pumps to variable refrigerant flow systems and everything in between, we offer commercial HVAC services.

Encanovan Plubing Draining - Canadá


Request a free assessment for the installation of a new boiler, heat pump, or furnace! Purchase high-quality items and a certified installation for your residence or place of business.


Proper indoor ventilation is essential to achieve the highest indoor air quality. Encano Air Conditioning is committed to offering top-notch indoor ventilation services to your Vancouver-area residence or place of business.

Air Conditioning

Do not hesitate to get in touch with our Vancouver HVAC contractors if you need cooling services. From heat pumps to variable refrigerant flow systems and everything in between, we offer HVAC services.

HVAC Contractors & Commercial Heating & Cooling Services

At Encano Plumbing & Drainage, Air Conditioning, we are aware of the importance of having commercial HVAC systems, such as heating and cooling systems, that are in good working order for your Vancouver-based company.

We are well prepared to maintain and set up commercial HVAC systems in Vancouver, including the following:

  • Variable refrigerant flow systems
  • Heat pumps
  • Boiler installation
  • Thermal energy plant retrofits
  • And much more

In addition, we provide the Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver with the most affordable prices. Due to the upfront and clear nature of all of our pricing, there are no surprises for you.

We ensure that your HVAC systems comply with all energy efficiency laws as part of our business heating and cooling services.

Not to mention, we promise total client pleasure. You may feel confident knowing that your heating and cooling system is in good hands since we make customer satisfaction the primary objective of every operation we complete.

We Install and Service:

  • Ventilation systems
  • Air filtration systems
  • Geothermal systems
  • Cooling towers
  • Chillers & condensers
  • Hot water & heating boilers
  • Hydronic heating/cooling systems
  • Heat pumps
  • Air conditioning units
  • Air handling units
  • Heating and cooling rooftop units (RTUs)
  • Water treatment systems
  • Control systems
  • Tube heaters
  • Commercial garage heaters
  • Data room HVAC systems
  • Humidification/dehumidification systems
  • Exhaust fans
  • UV purification systems
  • Pumps
  • Heat/energy recovery systems
  • And more…

Rebate for heat pumps - income required

A $5,000 rebate on an appropriate model may be available to income-qualified consumers who switch from their principal electric space heating system, such as baseboards or an electric furnace, to an air source heat pump. Heat pumps offer air cooling in the summer and consume less electricity than electric space heating systems.

One of the ways we’re reshaping BC’s energy future and assisting customers in lowering their greenhouse gas emissions is by offering income-qualified customers enhanced refunds on high-efficiency renovations.


To upgrade the heating system at your principal house, you must be a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland, or Nelson Hydro with just one active residential electricity account.

Your total annual household income must be less than the amount indicated for your household size. Income documentation is necessary.

Household size    Maximum household income

1 person               $35,800

2 people               $44,500

3 people               $54,700

4 people               $66,500

5 people               $75,400

6 people               $85,000

7 people               $94,700

The heat pump must be replacing an existing hard-wired electric heating system such as electric baseboards, radiant ceiling, radiant floors or a forced-air furnace. Back-up space heating systems must also be electric. Emergency replacements of broken electrical systems are not eligible. Replacing an existing heat pump or adding a head to an existing one is not eligible.

The home must be a year-round primary residence that is at least 10 years old, no larger than 3,500 square feet and be one of the following: single-family; duplex; triplex; row home; townhouse or manufactured/mobile home on a permanent foundation.

The new heat pump must be sufficiently sized to function as the primary heating system for the home.

For ductless systems, one indoor unit (head) must serve a main living area of the premises, including a family room, living room or open-concept kitchen/living room.

The heat pump must be installed by a licensed contractor with a GST number and a valid BC business license for the trade applicable to the upgrade being installed (e.g. heat pumps must be installed by a licensed heating and cooling contractor). Note: as of July 1, 2022, all air source heat pump installations must be completed by a Home Performance Contractor Network (HPCN) member.* Search for an HPCN member in your area or find one on this list.

In addition to 6., eligible heat pumps must be installed in accordance with the Heat Pump Best Practices Installation Guide for Existing Homes.

*Applicable to invoices dated on or after July 1, 2022.

Rebate details

Your contractor can assist you in choosing the rebate-eligible model that is best for your residence. Generally speaking, homes with an existing electric heating system that does not require ducts, such as baseboards, are a good fit for mini- or multi-split systems (also known as “ductless” heat pumps). Homes using a furnace or another ductless central heating system should use central heat pumps.

Upgrade Rebate Requirements

Air source heat pump – ductless mini-split heat pump


minimum Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 10.00

minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of ≥ 16

with variable speed compressor

minimum capacity of 12,000 BTU (1 ton)

eligible homes must be 1,200 sq ft or less

Air source heat pump – ductless multi-split heat pump

Note: heat pumps with a maximum static pressure of less than 0.6” Water Column (WC) are considered mini- or multi-split systems.


minimum HSPF of 10

minimum SEER of 16

with variable speed compressor

minimum capacity of 12,000 BTU (1 ton)

must install a minimum of two indoor head units

Air source heat pump – central ducted heat pump (Tier 1)


minimum HSPF of 8.50

minimum SEER of 15

Air source heat pump – central ducted heat pump (Tier 2)



minimum HSPF of 10

minimum SEER of 16

with variable speed compressor

minimum capacity of 12,000 BTU (1 ton)

Two-upgrade bonus          


Install an eligible heat pump and make an additional Home Renovation Rebate upgrade and you could qualify for our $300 two-upgrade bonus.

How to apply

If you wish, request a pre-qualification code. This will help the contractor installing your system know what rebates you’re eligible for.

Review the terms and conditions.

Apply online within one year of the installation date along with the following information:

  • your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal electricity account number from Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
  • your email
  • your proof of income
  • a scanned copy of your paid invoice showing the details of all work (see sample invoice) performed including:
  • purchase date
  • make and model number
  • installation permit number
  • the heating contractor’s Technical Safety BC licence number
  • AHRI reference number or copy of AHRI certificate
  • number of tons
  • indication that a variable speed compressor has been installed (required for mini-split, multi-split and central, tier 2)

Note: the rebate application link takes you to Account login. Once you’ve registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application.

How do I show proof of income?

Submit a copy of one of the following for each member of your household over 18 years of age.

Notice of Assessment (NOA): submit a copy of your NOA from the Canada Revenue Agencyfor a current income tax return. Black out all information except for your name, effective date and income (line 150 on NOA).

Social Assistance: submit your monthly cheque stub, or a printed copy of your Confirmation of Assistance if registered for My Self Serve.

Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER): submit either your SAFER cheque stub, acknowledgment letter or benefit change letter from BC Housing.

Rental Assistance Program: submit your Rental Assistance Program acknowledgment or benefit change letter from BC Housing.

National Child Benefit Supplement: submit your benefit notice from Canada Revenue Agency.

Other income: if applicable, provide documentation of foreign, rental and/or other income.

Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS): submit your GIS notice.